GROUND STATION SYSTEM ENGINEER
Proficiently grasp technical intricacies of satellite communication systems, collaborate with diverse teams to shape system design and execute installations, ensure operational excellence, resolve issues, and optimize system performance.
- Understand thoroughly all the technical aspects of the ground station system on the hardware side as well as on the application side.
- Cooperate with the sites manager team and the sales department to establish the system design and requirements.
- Perform the onsite installation of the ground station coordinating the local support.
- Perform the function of supervisor during the remote installation of the ground station when necessary.
- Carry out the commissioning phase of a ground station, remotely or on-site.
- Determine causes of operating errors and provide maintenance troubleshooting and problem solving in a timely and efficient manner, empowering the service level of the ground station.
- Write troubleshooting and maintenance procedures for remote support.
- Collaborate effectively with the manufacturers and the technical team to understand and improve the installed systems.
- Drive results by consistently achieving goals and pushing to complete tasks by their deadlines.
- This position includes frequent traveling even at short notice.
BENEFIT AND PERKS
- Competitive salary package with performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- Professional development opportunities, including access to industry conferences, workshops, and training programs.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages idea sharing, innovation, and personal growth.
- Regular team-building activities and social events foster a strong sense of community and camaraderie.
- Opportunity for career advancement and growth within a dynamic and rapidly expanding organization at the forefront of the new space industry.
- Ticket restaurant and transportation allowance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong engineering background: Telecommunication or Aerospace engineering background allowing you to understand the product’s technical specificities.
- Fluency in oral and written English is a must and additional language skills, including Italian, or Spanish, are a plus.
- Skilled in managing technical work on field and troubleshooting, even with little supervision.
- Valid Passport and driver’s license is extremely important for the job.
- Enjoy interacting with people, bringing advice and solutions to them, and demonstrating good service skills.
- Hands-on and problem-solving mindset.
- Proactive and always looking for personal and technical skills improvement.
- Adapt to a constantly changing and challenging environment.