We are looking for a Backend Software Developer to join our team.
You will become part of a growing software design group responsible for the delivery of various services enabling efficient and effective communication between space and ground.
Within a continuous integration environment, you will contribute to the entire application services lifecycle with a focus on the specification, design, deployment, test, integration, operations and maintenance.
Through those activities and by working with the key stakeholders in the development process you will deliver exciting new features.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong experience in Python programming (at least 3 years);
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming;
- Strong familiarity with Git distributed version control system;
- Strong familiarity with Linux based operating systems.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge about Pythons’ unit testing frameworks (preferably pytest);
- Knowledge about micro-services architecture and event-driven technologies;
- Experience in the use of Python library for generation of python extensions;
- Familiarity of containerization technology (e.g. Docker) and orchestrators (e.g., Kubernetes);
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, TDD);
- Experience with in-memory storage (i.e., Redis);
- Familiarity with databases like MySQL;
- Experience in designing web-based applications for scalability, reliability and security;
- At least 3 years of experience in software development;
- Experience of design and development of mission critical systems (preferably in the aerospace domain) as a plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the entire services pipelines, focusing on requirements elicitation, coding, debugging, and integration;
- Implement new services and features;
- Improve the currently existing services both in terms of capacity and reliability;
- Contribute to products roadmaps;
- Constantly raise the level of quality and best practices.